Kiddiminster Harriers



First Team

Tue 5 Sep 2017 | National League North | Away


Aggborough Stadium




Tom Reeves



After earning an impressive point at home to league favourites, Salford City on Saturday, The Nash faced another tough task away to last season’s play-off semi-finalist’s Kidderminster Harriers. Despite the task Curzon again earned a hard fought point after coming from behind twice to gain a 2-2 draw, with goals from Matt Reegan and Niall Cummins. 

It was Kidderminster who started the stronger of the two sides with a flurry of early chances within the first 10 minutes, luckily for The Nash the chances posed no real threat on Cameron Mason’s goal. 

The hosts continued to dominate the game, and the best chance of the first 20 minutes fell to James McQuilkin. His free header from 6 yards was put straight at Mason, who managed to hold onto the ball well. 

In spite of the home side’s pressure the Curzon defence were standing firm, and blocks from centre backs, Steven Howson and Jonothan Hunt again denied Kidderminster from opening the scoring. 

However, the resolute Curzon defence was finally beaten two minutes before the break. A mazy run from Kidderminster captain, Ryan Croasdale was capped off with a fierce shot beyond Mason into the bottom left corner. 

The hosts went in at the break one goal to the good. 

Despite a slow first half from the Nash the start of the second was quite the opposite. John Flanagan’s side dominated the early stages and this dominance was rewarded seven minutes after the restart. A well worked short corner found Regan at the front post whose side footed volley beat the keeper, and nestled into the top corner. 

A well-deserved equaliser for Curzon, after an explosive start to the second half. 

The Nash continued to pressure the Kidderminster defence, with chances from Joe Guest, and goal scorer, Regan testing the hands of the Harriers keeper. 

Despite the Curzon pressure it was Kidderminster who regained the lead bang on the hour mark. A deep cross from the left found Joe Ironside who guided a looping header into the far corner of the net. 

In spite of the setback Flanagan’s men battled on in search of an equaliser, with the backing of the small, but loud Curzon away following. 

With just under five minutes to go The Nash nearly found the equaliser, however substitute, Sam Madeley hit an ambitious overhead kick just over the bar. 

The Curzon dominance did not stop there, and it finally paid off with a minute of normal time to go. Cummins found space 12 yards from goal and hit a left footed strike passed the helpless Harriers keeper and into the top corner, provoking wild scenes in the away end, as the ‘Curzon 10’ frantically celebrated with the players over the advertisement boarding. 

A well-earned point for Flanagan’s side, putting them in good stead for Saturday’s local derby, at home to FC United of Manchester.


Back to Fixtures